From: David N Mezera
Subject: Getting PCL to work with AKCL ?
Has anyone out there in Internet-land ever had any experience getting PCL
to work with AKCL?

I just generated a 5MB+ saved_pcl file, but the program continues to
barf when it hits the first CLOS-specific keyword. For example, when I
load a file with a DEFCLASS in it, AKCL/PCL gives me:

             Error: The function DEFCLASS is undefined.
             [some other junk about fast links and error signaled by LOAD]

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this to happen?

Thanks!

--
David Mezera                              It's a dog-eat-dog world
·······@afit.af.mil                       and I'm wearing milkbone underwear.

From: Andreas Stolcke
Subject: Re: Getting PCL to work with AKCL ?
In article <·················@afit.af.mil>, ·······@afit.af.mil (David N Mezera) writes:

|>              Error: The function DEFCLASS is undefined.
|>              [some other junk about fast links and error signaled by LOAD]
|>
|> Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this to happen?

I have no experience with AKCL (must be dreadfully slow ...), but in
CMU CL, which comes with PCL, you need to (use-package "PCL") to import
all the stuff in there to you local package.

--
Andreas Stolcke					·······@icsi.berkeley.edu
International Computer Science Institute	·······@ucbicsi.bitnet
From: Thomas Malik
Did you forget to do a '(use-package :pcl)' ? you have to do this because
otherwise the pcl symbols are not visible to the package you load the code in.

          _/                 _/_/    _/ _/     |  Thomas Malik
         _/                 _/  _/ _/  _/      |  ·····@serv-400.dfki.uni-kl.de
       _/                 _/         _/        |  Richard Wagner Str. 38
      _/                 _/         _/         |  6750 Kaiserlautern