From: William Chesters
Subject: Re: EuLisp (was LISP Denotational Semantics)
In article <·····@castle.ed.ac.uk>, ····@castle.ed.ac.uk (Jeff Dalton) writes:
# Nonetheless, I think ML is a good langauge.  I happen to prefer
                                        ^^
I type this all the time, and it recently found its way into my
spellchecker's `user dictionary'---can't get rid of it :(

# Lisp, but I'm perfectly happy for other people to prefer ML.
# I think there's more than one good kind of language, and I
# think it's entriely reasonable for different people to prefer
# different kinds.

OK then!  I stand corrected.

# Unfortunately, many fans of functional languages aren't happy
# for other people to prefer Lisp.  I hope this asymmetry can be
# removed at some point, but it hasn't happened so far.

Ouch :)

--
William "followups directed to /dev/null" Chesters
`/usr/games/fortune`