From: Jiri Dvorak
Subject: Any Common Lisp under Solaris 2.1?
The title says it all...

I'd like to install Solaris 2.1 on new HW we will get soon. However,
I need to have a Common Lisp running. Any suggestions? How about the
binary compatibility mode of Solaris? Will Lisp interpreters, e.g. Allegro
or Lucid, run under this mode?

Thanks,
Jiri Dvorak                      ······@cscs.ch
From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH
Subject: Re: Any Common Lisp under Solaris 2.1?
In article ·····@cscs.ch, ······@cscs.ch (Jiri Dvorak) writes:

[.....]
> How about the
>binary compatibility mode of Solaris? Will Lisp interpreters, e.g. Allegro
>or Lucid, run under this mode?

I didn't manage to run Sun Common Lisp (ie Lucid Common Lisp) 4.0.0 under Solaris.
The obvious reason for that is that a lisp image does not use shared libraries
(which are needed by Solaris' BCP) and haven't a sylmbol-table readable by the
system utilities (ld, nm... --- of course they have internal symbol tables with a
proprietary format).

Rumors says than Lucid CL will be ported to Solmaris at 2nd half of 1993.

---
Basile STARYNKEVITCH
Commissariat a l Energie Atomique
DRN/DMT/SERMA * C.E. Saclay bat.470 * 91191 GIF/YVETTE CEDEX * France
fax: (33) 1- 69.08.23.81;    phone: (33) 1- 69.08.40.66
email: ······@soleil.serma.cea.fr;  homephone: (33) 1- 46.65.45.53

C.E.A. is a French Government owned research & development organization
(about 16,000 people and 16 Billion French Francs annual budget - 1US$ is about 6FF)
on nuclear physics, reactors, biology, and weapons.

N.B. Any opinions expressed here are solely mine, and not of my organization.
N.B. Les opinions exprimees ici me sont personnelles et n engagent pas le CEA.