From: Roger Moises
Subject: Re: Common Lisp error (Sun) - SUMMARY
  The original posting:

Configuration:  Sun SPARC 10 Model 30, SunOS 4.1.3
                32 Mb memory, 100 Mb swap
                Allegro CL 4.1, compiled on SPARC 2/SunOS 4.1.1

Problem description:

   A user has been able to run a 4.1 common lisp image on any of our
SPARC 1 or SPARC 2 machines. When trying to run on our new SPARC 10,
the following error is displayed:

   The environment this lisp is running in has used up too much stack.
It must be restarted.

Questions:

1. Is there some glaring incompatibility here that I've missed?
2. Is there some SunOS parameter that must be changed?

  Many thanks to the people who informed me that the stack start
location has changed between the two platforms, and that Franz has
a patch (patch0138) available from ····@franz.com or from ftp.uu.net
(/vendor/franz/patches/misc/sparc-acl-4.1-stack-fix-patch.tar.Z).

Thanks to:

Andrew Philpot <·······@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov>
Thomas Berlage <·······@hera.gmd.de>
·····@glinda.oz.cs.cmu.edu

Roger T. Moises - UNIX System Manager
Lockheed Missiles & Space Co., Inc. Palo Alto, CA
e-mail:     ·······@titan.rdd.lmsc.lockheed.com