From: Bjorn S. Fjeld Pettersen
Subject: "compiling" PseudoScheme under ACL 3.1.20
Hi! I'm new here, so please don't flame me for my ignorance...

I am trying to get PseudoScheme running under Allegro CL v. 3.1.20 on a NeXT
computer. My ACL is also set up to use case sensitive lower-case as default, if
that matters. I read the FAQs and I couldn't find an answer there, so now I'm
asking here...

I got through the (load ".../loadit") part relatively easy (the README file
said something about editing the definition of PREFERRED-CASE, so I set both
the + and - unix to (string-downcase name) ... was this correct?)

When I tried to do (schi:loadit "<dir>") however I various error msgs. The last
one I got before I gave up was

	Error: attempt to call `CLEVER-LOAD' which is an undefined function.

As I said I'm new to lisp, so any help/pointers etc. would be greatly
appreaciated.

--bjorn
Bjorn S. Fjeld Pettersen
·····@doek.uoregon.edu                       NextMail Welcomed