From: Oliver Laumann
Subject: Introduction to CLOS
I'm looking for a short overview or introduction to CLOS that is available
as a file on an FTP server or elsewhere in the net.

I know that the CLOS specification is part of CLtL-2, but considering
that I'm mainly interested in the concepts and not all the details (I'm
not programming in CL) and that I already own CLtL-1, purchasing CLtL-2
to just get an overview of CLOS seems a bit like a waste to me.  In
addition, ordering books from overseas in Germany usually takes months
and costs a small fortune.

Oliver Laumann    ···@cs.tu-berlin.de  ···@tub.UUCP  ···@tub.BITNET

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Introduction to CLOS
In article <······················@cs.tu-berlin.de> ···@cs.tu-berlin.de (Oliver Laumann) writes:
>I'm looking for a short overview or introduction to CLOS that is available
>as a file on an FTP server or elsewhere in the net.

I don't know of an online paper, but if you can get back issues of
Communications of the ACM I believe there was an overview of CLOS in the
special issue on LISP about a year and a half ago.

From: Zdzislaw Meglicki
>I'm looking for a short overview or introduction to CLOS that is available
>as a file on an FTP server or elsewhere in the net.

I don't know about any ftp docs, but have you tried
	1) Sonya E. Keene, "Object-Oriented Programming in
	Common Lisp", Addison-Wesley, 1989;
	2) Patrick H. Winston and Berthold K.P. Horn,
	"Lisp - 3rd Edition", Addison-Wesley, 1989, Chapter 14,
	Classes and Generic Functions;
You should be able to get those in any properly equipped university
library.
--
   Zdzislaw Gustav Meglicki, ······@arp.anu.edu.au,
   Automated Reasoning Program - CISR, and Plasma Theory Group - RSPhysS,