From: Bob Herr
Subject: Qs for SPARC Lisp Users
I am trying to determine what Lisp Environment we should invest in for
a newly acquired SUN Sparcstation 10.

Would anyone care to comment on the relative merits of the available
commercial environments. My initial impression of Allegro was that it
was outrageously expensive and I am not overwhelmed by Lucid on my VAXstation.

What about Harlequin ?

We could try CMU for the moment but the intention is to deliver this as a
product so we need a commercial environment at some point.

RE: Why isn't Lisp a mainstream environment

This has to be a big part of it -- The only good environment I know of
at a competitive price is MCL (public implementations not withstanding).
From: Ethan Brown
Subject: Re: Qs for SPARC Lisp Users
In article <······················@ryn.mro4.dec.com>, ····@third (Bob Herr) writes:

>I am trying to determine what Lisp Environment we should invest in for
>a newly acquired SUN Sparcstation 10.

[...]
>What about Harlequin ?
[...]

I've been very happy with the Harlequin environment.  I'm
currently developing a fair-sized application that uses
both their X windows toolkit and their SQL database routines.
Neat stuff.

--
--Ethan Brown
--Science Applications International Corp.