From: Paultje Bakker
Subject: Common Lisp ELIZA ? (Help!)
Hi. I would like to get a copy of ELIZA implemented in Common Lisp
for a Declarative Programming course I am tutoring. I have been
snooping around the ftp sites but have been unable to find Eliza
implemented in Lisp, let alone Common Lisp (what's with these BASIC
versions? :-)
I had a look in an an (old) copy of the comp.lang.lisp FAQ, and found
this:

#Norvig:
#   The software from Peter Norvig's book "Paradigms of AI Programming" is
#   available by anonymous ftp from unix.sri.com:pub/norvig and on disk in
#   Macintosh or DOS format from the publisher, Morgan Kaufmann.
#   |
#   Software includes Common Lisp implementations of:
#      Eliza and pattern matchers, Emycin, Othello, Parsers,

But I get a "Connection refused" when I try to open an ftp connection
to that address (unix.sri.com).

Could somebody please tell me the correct address, or otherwise
direct me to a Common Lisp Eliza.

Thanks!

Paul Bakker
Brisbane, Australia
--
(paul) ······@cs.uq.oz.au     | "I don't see what we need this
Computer Science / Psychology | nuclear power for. What's
From: Paultje Bakker
Subject: Re: Common Lisp ELIZA ? fixed.
In article <·····@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au> ······@cs.uq.oz.au writes:
>Hi. I would like to get a copy of ELIZA implemented in Common Lisp
>for a Declarative Programming course I am tutoring. I have been
>[..]
>But I get a "Connection refused" when I try to open an ftp connection
>to that address (unix.sri.com).

Never mind. I can get in now.. I think it refuses connections
during U.S. prime time (should this info be added to the FAQ?).

paul