From: Ragnar Mikkelsen
Subject: Q : lisp in emacs
	I have just discovered lisp through autolisp. Since we're running Autocad on a unix system (Ultrix), it was convenient to use the emacs editor((((helps you counting paranteses)))) to write autolisp routines. Now I see that there is some kind of lisp-interpretor within emacs, but I can't find any documentation on it. Do I have to buy a book? Is there a compiler too?

	Raggi
From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Q : lisp in emacs
In article <·····················@ugle.unit.no> ······@Mari.Unit.NO (Ragnar Mikkelsen) writes:
>	I have just discovered lisp through autolisp. Since we're running
>Autocad on a unix system (Ultrix), it was convenient to use the emacs
>editor((((helps you counting paranteses)))) to write autolisp routines.
>Now I see that there is some kind of lisp-interpretor within emacs, but I
>can't find any documentation on it. Do I have to buy a book? Is there a
>compiler too?

Assuming you're using GNU Emacs, there's a book, "GNU Emacs Lisp Reference
Manual", which you can purchase from the Free Software Foundation, 675
Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02139 USA.  It is also included online
with GNU Emacs in Info.  Use "C-h i" to get into Info and see whether
there's an "Emacs Lisp Reference" document listed.

P.S. Please keep the lines in your postings under 80 columns wide.  Even if
your posting software automatically wraps the lines while you type them,
they are transmitted as long lines and most newsreaders don't wrap nicely
(or at all).