From: Kevin Thompson
Subject: Re: print
In article <·····················@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz> ······@ccu1.aukuni.ac.nz (bechir kenzari) writes:
>How can one achieve calling print, format, princ,etc. without the usual
>NIl side effect? Calling the function FORM, I keep having this:
>;----------
>(form '(1 2 3))
>1
>2
>3
>NIL
>;-----------
>And I'd like to get this:
>(form '(1 2 3))
>1
>2
>3
>;----------------

Oh dear, this was posted Tuesday and I saw it Friday, thought USENET had
improved latency better than that..  On the off-chance no one has yet
responded, I use (values) to do that sort of thing, e.g.

(defun form (lyst) (dolist (l lyst (values)) (print l)))
or
(defun form (lyst) (format t "~{~A~%~}" lyst) (values))

Kevin
--
········@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov     Artificial Intelligence Research Laboratory
(415) 604-4767 (voicemail)        NASA-Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA