From: Charlie Baker
Subject: Re: E-Music
In article <············@muse.demon.co.uk> ············@muse.demon.co.uk
("Richard W.E. Furse") writes:
>    What decent music synthesis/score processing software is available on
the
> public domain? I gather there is a new package available.
>
> --
> Richard Furse (············@Muse.Demon.Co.UK)
Try CLM (CommonLispMusic) for synthesis
 CommonMusic for score processing
   cmn (CommonMusicNotation) for score notation integrated with the above.
All are available from  ccrma-ftp.stanford.edu in pub/Lisp...
also from guido.zkm.de.
They have been built in
Franz AllegroCL on Next (where CLM uses the DSP, or Ariel's"Quint
Processor" board to speed things up),
AKCL on Next,
AllegroCL on SGI, or
Macintosh Common Lisp.
They require CLOS, usually PCL in AKCL or ACL (already in MCL).
The notation program requires Adobe Sonata Font,
CommonMusic will produce score files for MIDI, CLM, Next MusicKit (avail.
from ccrma-ftp), and csound (avail from ems.media.mit.edu).

I love the package on my Next, and have been using it regularly for almost
a year.
---
*_________________________________________________________*
Charlie Baker
Center for Computer Music Research and Composition
University of California at Santa Barbara
·····@waltz.ccmrc.ucsb.edu
*_________________________________________________________*
From: Benno Stein
Subject: Algebra Toolbox under CL
hello,

I'm looking for a small toolbox that provides functions for
transforming/simplifying (simple?) algebraic expressions etc.

Tools like Maple, Maxima or Mathematica can do such a job of course,
but are too oversized for my application and cannot be integrated
easily.

Does anyone know about a more handy mathematical toolkit?

Thanks in advance for any clue,

Benno