From: Anthony Berglas
Subject: Meta Object Protocol
I need information on the CLOS meta object protocol, which is not
documented in CLtL.  Is their an easily accessible, idealy ftpable
reference?  I vaguely remember that the new standard is to be made
available to anon ftp, does anyone know where, and does the new
standard cover meta objects?

Anthony Berglas
Rm 503, Computer Science, Uni of Qld, 4072, Australia.
Uni Ph +61 7 365 4184,  Home 391 7727,  Fax 365 1999

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Meta Object Protocol
In article <·····@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au> ·······@cs.uq.oz.au writes:
>I need information on the CLOS meta object protocol, which is not
>documented in CLtL.  Is their an easily accessible, idealy ftpable
>reference?

The best documentation is the book "The Art of the Metaobject Protocol".

>	     I vaguely remember that the new standard is to be made
>available to anon ftp, does anyone know where, and does the new
>standard cover meta objects?

The draft was made available by FTP from parcftp.xerox.com during the
public review last year, and it will presumably be made available during
the next public review (this winter).  Metaobjects aren't in it.

From: Bob Riemenschneider
In article <············@early-bird.think.com> ······@think.com (Barry Margolin) writes:

> In article <·····@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au> ·······@cs.uq.oz.au writes:
> >I need information on the CLOS meta object protocol, which is not
> >documented in CLtL.  Is their an easily accessible, idealy ftpable
> >reference?
>
> The best documentation is the book "The Art of the Metaobject Protocol".

Just thought I'd add that part of the book, the MOP spec, is available
via anonymous FTP from parcftp.xerox.com as pub/pcl/mop/spec.ps.Z.
It's not a substitute for buying the book, which contains much
additional explanatory material that you definitely want, but it's
something.

                                                        -- rar