From: [Invalid-From-Line]
Subject: Implemtation of LISP Needed
Dear All,
    I am a computer science student who will be taking a course in LISP
this coming Fall Semester. I own an 80486-33 and I am seeking an
implementation of LISP on this platform. Can anyone please help me out
in locating a good implemetation of LISP on the InterNet?

                                        Thank You,
                                           Lope Rodriguez

From: Mike Eggleston
Subject: Re: Implemtation of LISP Needed

> Dear All, I am a computer science student who will be taking a
> course in LISP this coming Fall Semester. I own an 80486-33 and I am
> seeking an implementation of LISP on this platform. Can anyone
> please help me out in locating a good implemetation of LISP on the
> InterNet?

>                                         Thank You,
>                                            Lope Rodriguez

I've always been a fan of xlisp.  The current version is 2.1e and I
think for a simple implementation it is very good.  You'll get source
code that will certainly show you *one way* of implementing a lisp
interpreter.

XLisp even has a simple object-oriented mechanism built in and its
fairly simple to extend the interpreter (in C) to handle things you
want to add.  I've extended the interpreter on both Unix and MacOS.

Mike.
Mike Eggleston       American Airlines Decision Technologies
(817)931-2287        P. O. Box 619616, MD 4462
(817)967-9763 (FAX)  Dallas/Fort Worth Airport, Texas 75261-9616, USA
Only my opinions.
From: Moorloch
In article <····················@SJUVM.BITNET> , ········@SJUVM.BITNET
writes:
Yep, you can get XLisp 2.1e from any repository that has this wee
implementation
of the programming language. It's not Common Lisp but for your work it
should
suffice