From: Narciso Jaramillo
Subject: Allegro CL on DEC Alpha?
Does anyone know if Allegro CL is being ported to the DEC Alpha?
Please respond via e-mail.

Thanks,

Narciso Jaramillo
··@cs.Berkeley.EDU

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Allegro CL on DEC Alpha?
In article <················@banyan.CS.Berkeley.EDU> ··@cs.berkeley.edu writes:
>Does anyone know if Allegro CL is being ported to the DEC Alpha?

It hasn't been ported yet.  Someone asked about this at the Lisp Users and
Vendors conference last week.  They said that they were investigating it,
waiting to see whether there's enough interest in it.

Meanwhile, Symbolics was showing off the beta version of Open Genera, their
port of Genera to the Alpha.  It runs in an OSF/1 process, rather than
taking over the machine (last year they said they expected the initial
version to take over, so this bankrupt little company has done *more* than
they planned), so you still have full access to the Unix environment.  They
said it will be released in September.  It looked pretty nice, although the
beta version hung a few times in the demo room.

From: Arun Welch
In article <··················@gandalf.think.com> ······@think.com (Barry Margolin) writes:

[info on Symbolics Alpha]

While we're at it, Medley has been in out on the Alpha since ~April.
Beta started in October, with our release coinciding with the Alpha
final release. For info send mail to ············@envos.xerox.com

...arun

Arun Welch
Senior Consultant, Venue
········@envos.xerox.com, or ·····@anzus.com
From: Jason Trenouth
Narciso> Does anyone know if Allegro CL is being ported to the DEC Alpha?

Barry> It hasn't been ported yet.  Someone asked about this at the Lisp Users and
Barry> Vendors conference last week.  They said that they were investigating it,
Barry> waiting to see whether there's enough interest in it.

Barry> Meanwhile, Symbolics was showing off the beta version of Open Genera, their
Barry> port of Genera to the Alpha.  It runs in an OSF/1 process, rather than
Barry> taking over the machine (last year they said they expected the initial
Barry> version to take over, so this bankrupt little company has done *more* than
Barry> they planned), so you still have full access to the Unix environment.  They
Barry> said it will be released in September.  It looked pretty nice, although the
Barry> beta version hung a few times in the demo room.

Harlequin's LispWorks is also in beta-release on the DEC Alpha. It was
demo-ed at AAAI this year. Contact ·················@harlequin.com or
·················@harlequin.co.uk.
| Jason Trenouth,                        | EMAIL: ·····@uk.co.harlequin     |
| Harlequin Ltd, Barrington Hall,        | TEL:   (0223) 872522             |
| Barrington, Cambridge CB2 5RG, UK      | FAX:   (0223) 872519             |
From: Kelly Murray
Subject: LUV report?
Anyone care to post a summary of what was happening at LUV?  I couldn't make it.

Thanks,
 Kelly Murray