From: Bruce Feist
Subject: Help
To: ······@ma2s2.uucp

Hi, Bruno!

For your information:  The computer that I had been running CLISP on had a
386/SX-16 mother board.  I just upgraded it to a 386/DX-40, and reran the
program I've been working on to gather new timing statistics.  I had expected a
2.5x speedup, since normally an SX doesn't really incur all that much of a speed
penalty, and the memory speed is about the same on the two boards.  Instead, I
got a speedup of about 5.5x!  I had forgotten that CLISP is a 32-bit
application; that coupled with the DX's cache seems to be producing pretty
dramatic results; instead of my program taking 15-20 minutes to process a
sentence, it's taking 3-4.

Just thought you'd be interested...

Bruce