From: Jaime E. Cisneros V.
Subject: How to get host name in Allegro Common Lisp?
I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the name of
the host the user is logged in from inside Allegro Common
Lisp.  I have tried almost everything I know, but
Allegro leaves the host name out of *default-path-default*,
which is the reason, I cannot use pathname-host.  Any ideas
will be appreciated.

  Thanks,

  Jaime Cisneros

From: Scott Schmidler
Subject: Re: How to get host name in Allegro Common Lisp?
>  Jaime Cisneros

Try (short-site-name) or (long-site-name).

scott.
From: Kevin Thompson
In article <······················@cs.ucf.edu> ········@cs.ucf.edu (Jaime E. Cisneros V.) writes:
>I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the name of the host the user is
>logged in from inside Allegro Common Lisp.  I have tried almost everything I
>know, but Allegro leaves the host name out of *default-path-default*, which
>is the reason, I cannot use pathname-host.  Any ideas will be appreciated.

(si:getenv "HOST") works fine for me, I think that's a standard csh variable.
Otherwise, run-shell-command with the right args to /bin/hostname.

Kevin

--
········@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov     Artificial Intelligence Research Laboratory
(415) 604-4767 (voicemail)        NASA-Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA