From: rodrigo vanegas
Subject: lisp equivalent of #include
What is the LISP equivalent of C's

 #include <foo.lisp>  ?

Notice i'm not asking about

 #include "foo.lisp"

rodrigo vanegas
··@cs.brown.edu

From: Simon Leinen
Subject: Re: lisp equivalent of #include
In article <················@cslab9d.cs.brown.edu> ··@cs.brown.edu
(rodrigo vanegas) writes:

>  What is the LISP equivalent of C's
>    #include <foo.lisp>  ?
>   Notice i'm not asking about
>    #include "foo.lisp"

The closest equivalent is (require :foo).  It doesn't look for
foo.lisp in /usr/include etc. (although an implementation would be
allowed to do it that way), but uses an implementation-dependent
mechanism to search for a module named FOO.  The module must contain a
PROVIDE form for the name FOO somewhere.  Once it is loaded, its name
("FOO") is noted in the *MODULES* global variable, and this will
prevent subsequent REQUIREs to load it again.
--
Simon.
From: Wolfgang Koehler
In article <················@cslab9d.cs.brown.edu> ··@cs.brown.edu (rodrigo vanegas) writes:

   What is the LISP equivalent of C's

    #include <foo.lisp>  ?

   Notice i'm not asking about

    #include "foo.lisp"

   rodrigo vanegas
   ··@cs.brown.edu

I think the simplest, corresponding solution in Lisp way is simply

(load "foo.lisp")

Wolfgang

    ... always look on the bright side of life ... (Monty Python)
Wolfgang Koehler                               ····@first.gmd.de
GMD-FIRST an der TU Berlin              German National Research Centre
Tel. (Berlin 030/049) 6704-2650              for Computer Science
From: rodrigo vanegas
In article <··················@doppel.first.gmd.de>, ····@doppel.first.gmd.de (Wolfgang Koehler) writes:

>    What is the LISP equivalent of C's:   #include <foo.lisp>
>    Notice i'm not asking about:          #include "foo.lisp"

>I think the simplest, corresponding solution in Lisp way is simply

>(load "foo.lisp")

>Wolfgang

load only looks in the current directory, unless the string passed is
an absolute pathname.  "#include <foo.lisp>", however, looks through a
pre-set path of possible directories usually passed to the compiler on
the command line and including the standard "/usr/include".

rodrigo vanegas
··@cs.brown.edu