From: Ranjan Bagchi
Subject: Data Structures for Lisp?
	Hi folks -- I wonder if you can help me...

	I'm working with some 'C' code which manipulates lisp-like
data structures.  By that, I mean I've got a collection of pairs of
indexes (cars and cadrs) which refer either back into the collection
or into an external symbol table.

	This has been working somewhat nicely -- I can represent lisp
expressions with a somewhat perverse syntax and I have to explicitly
keep track of everything -- but it is faster than starting up
Allegro.  And it doesn't slow down for GC.

	What I'm wondering, though, is is there a way to segment this
collection so I can manipulate the expressions as usual, but be able
to make very fast copies (as in using bcopy a lot) of subcollections
of expressions so I can do neat things like ship 'em out over a socket
or something.

	I suppose I'm being a bit vague, but without going into the
specifics of what I'm up to, this is the best I can do at 1am.

	Thanks everyone!

	-rj
--
Ranjan Bagchi					       ·············@umich.edu
oo   oooo  o oo   ooo oo oo   oo       o o  oooo ooo o       o        oooooooo