From: Chuck Fry
Subject: Pointer to simple language or parser builder needed
I maintain a simulation system that requires the user to write rules
describing the behavior of the objects being simulated.  So far the
required operations are pretty simple; test a small number of inputs,
maybe compare those inputs to a constant and do Boolean operations on
the results, and send data to the outputs.

As it currently stands, the system is implemented in Common Lisp.  But
the people I'm doing this for are not Lispers.  For that matter, they're
not hackers, period.  They've asked me to put together a simple language
to write rules for the simulation objects.

If someone could point me at an existing extension language that meets
these needs, or at a parser generator, I would be grateful.  I do need
one written in Lisp, but don't care about which dialect (Scheme,
Maclisp, CL, whatever).

Thanks in advance.

 -- Chuck Fry, Lisping for a living

--
     Chuck Fry  ······@freud.arc.nasa.gov  ······@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov
   Join the Silicon Valley protest against 55 MPH!  Email me for details.