From: Mark Chang
Subject: Thanks. Re: How to find...
 I'd like to thank everyone who took time to respond
 to my query regarding "How to find the first n items
 in a list?". I was surprised to see so many different
 ways to do such a seemingly simple task.

 Unfortunately, the LISP that I'm using is a variation
 of somewhat brain-dead FranzLISP. It doesn't seem to
 have the functions like "SUBSEQ" or "collect".

 I tried a method some people suggested  which is to
 set the "cdr" of the list after first n to "nil".
 In cases I need the original list, I will copy the
 list first. This seems to work fairly well, for now.

 In any case, all the replies really opened my eyes.
 Now, I know how sheltered "lisp" life I've been living.

 Thanks again.
| Mark H. Chang     (······@bnr.ca)                      |
| (613) 763-7688    Bell-Northern Research               |
|                   Ottawa, Ontario                      |