From: Dark Hacker
Subject: Desperatly Seeking Xlisp!
Can anyone provide the location of XLisp for the NeXT or Macintosh?
I did find one Xlisp for the Macintosh on orst.edu however this
package was in "fit" format and was not unpackable by Stuffit.

Where can I find the latest Mac XLisp, anybody know?

- Hacker
--
---
Dark Hacker @ Black Silicon, Fortress Of Computation

From: Steve Turner
Subject: Re: Desperatly Seeking Xlisp!
······@access.digex.com (Dark Hacker) writes:

>Can anyone provide the location of XLisp for the NeXT or Macintosh?
>I did find one Xlisp for the Macintosh on orst.edu however this
>package was in "fit" format and was not unpackable by Stuffit.

>Where can I find the latest Mac XLisp, anybody know?

I am also seeking xlisp for Mac.  I downloaded a copy from
sumex-aim.stanford.edu, but could not unpack it.
From: Barry Margolin
In article <······················@inesc.pt> ····@iguana.inesc.pt (Joao Pedro Martins) writes:
>	And I need a xlisp for the PC... can anyone help, pls ?

Since so many people are asking this, I presume the location information in
the FAQ (ftp.think.com:/public/think/lisp/faq.text) is incorrect.  You
would probably be better off asking in the xlisp newsgroup,
comp.lang.lisp.x.  And if you get correct location info, please forward it
to ········@think.com so we can update the FAQ.

From: kikkawa lab
······@access.digex.com (Dark Hacker) writes:

>Can anyone provide the location of XLisp for the NeXT or Macintosh?
>I did find one Xlisp for the Macintosh on orst.edu however this
>package was in "fit" format and was not unpackable by Stuffit.

I cound not unpack this "fit" file, too. But I got "hq?" files, which
are BinHex files similar to "fit" file.

By the way, I have another question. I download Xlispstat2.1 from
mac.archive.umichi.edu, whose environments are much betther than that
of xlisp 2.0, but the syntax seems not to be compatible to that of xlisp,
especially the oop parts. For example "class" is not pre-defined in
Xlispstat. So I want xlisp 2.1 which is compatible to the DOS or Unix
version, and which has the environment like Xlispstat. Is it really
exist?

     Humitaka Tamura
From: Mark Kantrowitz
In article <···@ccsparc01.center.osaka-u.ac.jp> ·······@ccsparc01.center.osaka-u.ac.jp (kikkawa lab) writes:
>I cound not unpack this "fit" file, too. But I got "hq?" files, which
>are BinHex files similar to "fit" file.

The information in the Lisp FAQ is correct. Please remember that .sit
and .fit files are a compressed binary format, so you must put the ftp
into binary mode before retrieving the files.

--mark