From: Jung-Hyun Han
Subject: Alas! Lisp/C interface
I am working on Lisp-C interface.
I tried to load C libraries into Lisp thru Lisp foreign function interface.
But I got the error message as follows:

>>Error: Foreign object-file "/home/lipari2/ps/base/parasolid.a:ki_primitives.o" was compiled with -pic option which is not supported by the foreign loader.

I have no source code, so I have to cope with this library.
Is there any option in Lisp loader which can take care of this kind of library?
Or some other brilliant solutions (e.g. from C side) .. ? ..

Could you, Lisp experts, give light to this problem?
Please reply to ···@lipari.usc.edu or ········@pollux.usc.edu.
Thanx a lot in advance.

Jung

ps. in case you want to know what the libraries are,
    those are PARASOLID solid modeler (from Shape Data Ltd.) which