From: Demian A. Johnston
Subject: Re: Lisp implementions
Excerpts from mail: 23-Sep-92 Re: Lisp implementions by Mark
··········@cs.cmu.e
> It is out of date. Please check the Lisp FAQ before replying to
> messages like these. We're attempting to keep it up to date, so it
> pays to check it first (and if you think the entry in the Lisp FAQ is
> wrong, you can always send us a correction). Feel free to mail a copy
> of the most recent version of the Lisp FAQ to people who ask FAQs.
>
> The correct information on XLISP is as follows, excerpted from the
> FAQ:
>
>    XLISP is free, and runs on the IBM PC (MSDOS), Amiga (AmigaDOS),
>    Atari ST (TOS), Apple Macintosh, and Unix. It should run on
>    anything with a C compiler.  It was written by David Michael Betz,
>    167 Villa Avenue #11, Los Gatos, CA 95032, 408-354-9303 (H),
>    408-862-6325 (W), ·····@apple.com. The reference manual was
>    written by Tim Mikkelsen. Version 2.0 is available by anonymous ftp from
>            cs.orst.edu:/pub/xlisp/ [128.193.32.1] or
>            sumex-aim.stanford.edu:info-mac/lang/
>    Version 2.1 is the same as XLISP 2.0, but modified to bring it closer
>    to Common Lisp and with several bugs fixed. It can be obtained by
>    anonymous ftp from
>                    glia.biostr.washington.edu      128.95.10.115
>                    bikini.cis.ufl.edu              128.227.224.1
>    in the file xlisp21c.zip (soon xlisp21d.zip) and comes with IBM/PC
>    executables. For obtaining a copy through US mail, send email to Tom
>    Almy, ····@sail.labs.tek.com.
>
> --mark

I have obtained the PC version.  What is the best way to create code
using xlisp on the PC.  Under Unix I can open up lisp as a subprocess of
emacs and copy and paste from buffer to buffer.  Is there some kind of
editor I can use like this with Xlisp (pc version)?

                                                  Demian
                                              --->  ····@cmu.edu
                                            ----> ····@andrew.cmu.edu
From: MICHAEL B DAVIS
In article <··················@andrew.cmu.edu> ····@CMU.EDU (Demian A. Johnston) writes:

>I have obtained the PC version.  What is the best way to create code
>using xlisp on the PC.  Under Unix I can open up lisp as a subprocess of
>emacs and copy and paste from buffer to buffer.  Is there some kind of
>editor I can use like this with Xlisp (pc version)?
>
>                                                  Demian
>                                              --->  ····@cmu.edu
>                                            ----> ····@andrew.cmu.edu

Just use your favorite editor to write some code, then start xlisp and
load it with the (load "filename") command.

Or is it (load 'filename) ?

Michael Davis		York University			Toronto

			········@ariel.yorku.ca