From: Bill Vrotney
Subject: AKCL 615/NeXTstep 3.0 patch
Receiving requests for the patch to AKCL 615 to run under NeXTstep 3.0,
prompted me to cross post it here.

================ Patch Posting ==============================================
From: ···@cmn16.Stanford.EDU (Bill Schottstaedt)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.next.software
Subject: Re: AKCL and NeXTstep 3.0
Date: 28 Aug 92 14:37:47 GMT
Sender: ····@leland.Stanford.EDU (Mr News)

I have recompiled AKCL (version 615 or so) under NeXT 3.0 and
it works fine.  I had to make two changes:

In akcl/c/NeXTUnixsave.c, the declaration:

  extern struct section *getsectbyname(char *, char *);

causes a fatal compiler error.  The new declaration
(in /NextDeveloper/Headers/bsd/lib.h) is:

  /* getsecbyname(3)	*/
  extern const struct section *getsectbyname(
	 const char *segname,
	 const char *sectname);

Also, the library /usr/lib/libg.a is not included
in the 3.0 release, so I removed the -lg switch
from the LIBS statement in akcl/unixport/makefile.

--
Bill Vrotney
Advanced Decision Systems