From: Jeff Dalton
Subject: Re: Franz Lisp lives!
In article <·····@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> ····@madrone.eecs.ucdavis.edu (Kenrick Mock) writes:

>>Does it include a Lisp compiler that produces code that works on a
>>386 or SPARC?
>>
>>To go from zero Franz Lisps to two would be pretty amazing.
>>

>Nope, the PC-Lisp out there only includes an interpreter and not a
>compiler.

Just to avoid any confusion, what I have is a Franz Lisp, with
compiler, that runs in 386BSD and that (because it compiles to C and
replaces some .s files with .c) should be more portable than ordinary
Franz.  Franz Lisp is a particular dialect of Lisp.  It's similar
to MacLisp.  If you just want _a_ Lisp for 386BSD, a number of other
ones (eg, AKCL, several Schemes) are available.

I am going to make this Franz availabel for ftp.  But various things
(such as a disk failure) are getting in the way.

-- jd