From: Fernando Mato Mira
Subject: CLOS data structures shelf
I have noticed that you can find almost all the high level tools you
want for LISP in the public domain, but is there any source for a good
set of data structure classes (gap lists, tree varieties, whatever)?

 If such a thing does not exist, maybe it would be a good idea to
organize a shelf accessible by ftp somewhere.

  Unless somebody can provide a pretty complete library with a
consistent interface which has also been well coded, I think that it
would be better to make it grow from the list/array level, which would
require some discussion.
 It will require some work to adapt contributions to the "standardized"
classes, but you will not need to have a dozen versions of some basic
tree class differing fundamentally in their interface and implementation
to be able to use at the same time, say, the restricted quadtrees
provided by one person, the octress given by a second one, and the
mip-maps developed by a third.

In OO programming, classes are part of the language, and their
standardization is something that deserves the same attention as that of
the MOP or CLOS itself.

--
Fernando D. Mato Mira
Computer Graphics Lab