From: Cris Moore
Subject: Anyone have AKCL on DECStation working???
Does anyone have AKCL working on DECStation 5000 running ULTRIX 4.2?

I'm having lots of trouble getting it to work and I'm not a major C
programmer.

I would appreciate any help or hints...

--
Cris Moore (····@fiu.edu)     |   Why is this "page" intentionally left blank
Florida International U.      |   when it isn't?

From: ········@iao.fhg.de
Subject: Re: Anyone have AKCL on DECStation working???
I managed to get AKCL 1.609 running on a Decstatioin 5000/125. There
were a few problems with the non-standard header files (containing $$$
and inconsistent declarations), so I had to use the Ultrix cc instead
of gcc for some files. The strange thing is, however, although AKCL is
running fine, I don't seem to be able to get PCL compiled. At some
point, compilation stops with a cc error message indicating that there
is insufficient swap space. Indeed, AKCL grows very large during that
compilation. My suggestion: get a SPARC.

--Juergen Wagner
········@iao.fhg.de
From: Dorai Sitaram
Subject: AKCL on DOS: command-line args and/or init file?
What additional information can a user supply via the
command line when invoking AKCL (version 608c) on MSDOS?
Can one echo CL (s-)expressions via a pipe?  Can files to be
loaded be mentioned after the command?  Or is there a
specified init file -- what is its pathname? -- that is
always searched, and if found, loaded?

I've used the commercial version, i.e., Ibuki CL, on Unix,
but the command-line features don't seem to transfer when I
try AKCL on DOS, although everything else matches nicely.

Thanks for any info.

--d
--

·····@cs.rice.edu      !    It may be that the gulfs will wash us down;