From: Neal Ensor
Subject: A question...
first of all, thanks to all those who were kind enough to respond to
my edge-list question earlier...

Another question on the same vein... How can I extend this array to
become an array of linked lists?  i.e.
+--+
| -----> edge 1 ---> edge 2 ...
+--+
| -----> edge 2.1 ---> edge 2.2 ...
+--+

Etc..  This would be an array of structure pointers in C, using malloc
to allocate space for each in a singly linked list from each array element.

Is this similar to a lisp vector?  (BTW, can't seem to find Steele's book
*GASP* anywhere around...  I assume it covers this sort of thing... I'll
grab it when I can find it!)

    Thanks again..
      Neal Ensor
      ·····@cs.utk.edu
From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: A question...
In article <············@utkcs2.cs.utk.edu> ·····@cs.utk.edu (Neal Ensor) writes:
>Another question on the same vein... How can I extend this array to
>become an array of linked lists?  i.e.

By default, Lisp arrays can contain objects of any type.  Just use (setf
actually "contain" objects of any specific type, they just contain
references to objects, just like conses, variables, structure slots, etc.

>Is this similar to a lisp vector?  (BTW, can't seem to find Steele's book
>*GASP* anywhere around...  I assume it covers this sort of thing... I'll
>grab it when I can find it!)

CLtL is more of a references than a tutorial, so if you're having trouble
understanding this, it may not clear things up too much.  Take a look at
some of the books mentioned in section 1-1 of the FAQ.