From: Andy Biewer
Subject: KCL on DECstation 5000/240?
Hello NetPeople,

I am thinking of compiling KCL on a DECstation 5000/240 (if possible), but
I wanted to ask around first to see if anyone has successfully does this
and, if so, what special considerations are needed?

My main concern has to do with all of the assembler code in the source.  Will
this successfully compile on a DEC 5000/240?  The reason why I don't just go
ahead and give it a try is because I have to request the disk space from a
higher source, and I'd like to know if it's worth the trouble before I do
that.

Another question I have is how much disk space will I need to compile the
entire project?

	Thanks for any help,

	Andy Biewer
	Language Resource Center
	University of Wisconsin--Milwaukee
From: Reha Elci
Subject: Re: KCL on DECstation 5000/240?
In article <············@uwm.edu> ······@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Andy Biewer) writes:
>Hello NetPeople,
>
>I am thinking of compiling KCL on a DECstation 5000/240 (if possible), but
>I wanted to ask around first to see if anyone has successfully does this
>and, if so, what special considerations are needed?

I did this a while ago but it wasn't too hard. The whole thing occupies
about 30M on my disk. It works well; I even add a lot of interface
routines to my C libraries [financial stuff] thru the incremental loader
and also thru adding it to the original binary. I remember the whole
thing taking an entire weekend. But its definitely doable since I have it
running on my 5000/240. Now porting to the Alpha -- that's going to be
bit of a problem but I am giving it a try.

Reha Elci
Email: ····@bugs.gs.com