From: Kent Sandvik
Subject: Re: Source code from Dr. Dobb's Journal
In article <·····@netnews.upenn.edu>, ·······@gradient.cis.upenn.edu (Jon
Freeman) wrote:
> Before I get even more irritated than I already am, has anyone managed
> to obtain a correct listing of this code, say through CompuServe
> (which I don't have access to)?  If not, does anyone know an email

Even worse, the CServe archive is in some kind of a PC yacky archive format
so I can't de-archive it on my machine... Otherwise I would have sent
over the sources.

Kent
-------------------
Kent Sandvik (UUCP: ....!apple!ksand; INTERNET: ·····@apple.com)
DISCLAIMER: Private activities on the Net.
From: Stephen C. Gilardi
·····@apple.com (Kent Sandvik) writes:

>In article <·····@netnews.upenn.edu>, ·······@gradient.cis.upenn.edu (Jon
>Freeman) wrote:
>> Before I get even more irritated than I already am, has anyone managed
>> to obtain a correct listing of this code, say through CompuServe
>> (which I don't have access to)?  If not, does anyone know an email

>Even worse, the CServe archive is in some kind of a PC yacky archive format
>so I can't de-archive it on my machine... Otherwise I would have sent
>over the sources.

I too tried to satisfy Jon's request by going to CIS.  The archive there
is in "arc" format.  Stuffit Deluxe has a tool for extracting it.
Unfortunately it is corrupted there as well.  The main file goes ok for
2 pages or so and then turns into a string of control characters.

I'll report it to the keepers of the CIS archive and if I get a reply
I'll try again.

--Steve

Stephen C. Gilardi
SQ Software