From: ········@aifh.ed.ac.uk
Subject: which lisp?
This is probably a FAQ (is there a FAQ for this group?) but here goes
anyway...

I have to find a lisp compiler/interpreter to use in a (fairly large)
commercial software project, and I basically don't know where to start
looking.  The only lisp that I've used in anger is AKCL and I don't even
know where that came from.  The platform is a Sun Microsystems
Sparcstation and there are no a priori restrictions (on things like
compatibility).

Can anyone give me a couple of leads (like who markets Lisp systems, ftp
addresses, recommendations, etc) or shout "stupid" and say that there's
a FAQ list somewhere.

thanks

Bill Smart
········@uk.ac.ed.aifh