From: hwei yin
Subject: SATISFIES in CL
Hello out there...

Forgive me if this is a FAQ, but is there a "satisfies" function in Common
Lisp?  Someone mentioned it, but I was unable to find any reference in Common
LISPCraft.  Please email responses to ···@cs.colostate.edu.  You can simply
refer me to a good book if the explanation is too complex

Thank you, thank you, thank you, and bless you,
Hwei Yin (···@cs.colostate.edu)
From: Clinton Hyde
Subject: Re: SATISFIES in CL
SATISFIES is part of the type-specifying mechanism. it's not a general
predicate for use as a function. You need to look at section 4.3 in
Steele (which is the Lisp bible--if you don't have one, get one. I
have extra copies of the first edition, if anyone's interested).

 -- clint
--

Clint Hyde		"Give me a LispM or give me death!" -- anonymous

Advanced Decision Systems/BAH	Internet:  ·····@chesapeake.ads.com
1953 Gallows Rd, Suite 600
Vienna, VA  22182-3934		(703) 902-7130