From: Anil Kulshrestha
Subject: "special-operator-p"
There is a call  (special-operator-p fn) in some code I ftp-ed.
This gave a compilation error in Allegro CL on DEC, of "undefined function".
I guess it is a built-in special form on their machine??

I was wondering if "special-form-p"  (descibed in Steele's book) is
interchangeable?  Can I safely replace "special-operator-p" by
"special-form-p"?

Thanks.

Anil
From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: "special-operator-p"
In article <··················@andrew.cmu.edu> Anil Kulshrestha <·····@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:
>I was wondering if "special-form-p"  (descibed in Steele's book) is
>interchangeable?  Can I safely replace "special-operator-p" by
>"special-form-p"?

SPECIAL-FORM-P was renamed to SPECIAL-OPERATOR-P by X3J13, since the old
name was incorrect.  A special form is a form that begins with a special
operator.  For instance, (IF FOO BAR BAZ) is a special form, while IF is a
special operator.