From: Andrew Joseph Kompanek
Subject: Release Info. on CMU Common Lisp
Can anyone supply me with the following info. on CMU Common Lisp:

1.  Version and date of most recent version.  Is the version 16e?
2.  Should non-Sun users update from 16d to 16e?
3.  When is the newest version due?  Major Revisions?

Will the info. to this board?  Is there are a mailing list that anyone
is aware of?

Thanks,
Drew
Andrew Kompanek
Dept. of Human Genetics
University of Pittsburgh

From: ············@cs.cmu.edu
Subject: Re: Release Info. on CMU Common Lisp
Andrew Joseph Kompanek <·····@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:
> Can anyone supply me with the following info. on CMU Common Lisp:
>
> 1.  Version and date of most recent version.  Is the version 16e?

The ``omega'' release is 15e dated Feb 25, 1992.
The ``beta'' release is 16e dated Aug 5, 1992.
[We also have an internal alpha release, but you don't to know about
that.  Some days I wish I didn't. :-) ]

For details as to what is in each release, pick up the files:

	omega-release-notes.txt
	beta-release-notes.txt

from our release area:

	/afs/cs/project/clisp/release/

For those without access to AFS, you can use anonymous ftp to one of
the following machines:

	lisp-rt1.slisp.cs.cmu.edu [128.2.217.9]
	lisp-rt2.slisp.cs.cmu.edu [128.2.217.10]
	ftp.cs.cmu.edu [128.2.206.173]

> 2.  Should non-Sun users update from 16d to 16e?

Depends on whether or not you want/need the bug fixes/improvements to
be found in 16e.  Check out the beta-release-notes for details as to
what they are.

> 3.  When is the newest version due?  Major Revisions?

Currently, we don't have any hard plans for the next release.  We are
trying to get some of the PCL problems worked out, and when we do we
will probably put out a 16f that includes them and whatever other
random bug fixes we think are stable enough.

It will probably be a while before a version 17 based release sees the
light of day.

> Will the info. to this board?  Is there are a mailing list that anyone
> is aware of?

We post information about new releases to this newgroup.  Queries and
bug reports can be sent to ··········@cs.cmu.edu.

-William Lott
CMU Common Lisp Group
From: ············@cs.cmu.edu