From: Graham Titmus
Subject: AKCL on HP snake
Has anyone managed to get AKCL working on an HP9000/710?  I can get it to build with either cc
or gcc but it will not compile and load user programs.  It managed to compile and build itself
perfectly happily though?  Is there something I have forgotten to set up for compile-file that
just gets done right by the makefiles?

BTW I picked up AKCL 1-615 and build that.
From: Nils-Eivind Naas
Subject: Re: AKCL on HP snake

   Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp,comp.sys.hp
   From: ··@cl.cam.ac.uk (Graham Titmus)
   Sender: ····@infodev.cam.ac.uk (USENET news)
   Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1992 12:13:03 GMT

   Has anyone managed to get AKCL working on an HP9000/710?  I can get it to build with either cc
   or gcc but it will not compile and load user programs.  It managed to compile and build itself
   perfectly happily though?  Is there something I have forgotten to set up for compile-file that
   just gets done right by the makefiles?

   BTW I picked up AKCL 1-615 and build that.

I cannot say anything about the 710, but the HP-specific version at the
Liverpool archive certainly compiled and executed correctly
with the standard compiler on my 720 (8.05), allowing me to build a
moderately sized application.

I did not do anything particular; I just followed the steps in the
documentation supplied (and I am no programmer, just an ordinary user).

Many other programs in the Liverpool archives do NOT compile with the
standard compiler, but this Lisp system presented no problems for me.

Nils-Eivind Naas, ISAF, Oslo