From: Ted Johnson
Subject: CPS-conversion for better performance?
Does anyone know of any journal articles or other research which
comment on the effectiveness of using CPS (Continuation Passing Style)
conversion to reduce memory requirements of Lisp code?

The basic idea is to take a (huge) generic Lisp program, pipe the source
through a CPS-conversion program, which emits an equivalent CPS-style
Lisp program, and then running that, while enjoying a reduced memory usage.
[The CPS-conversion converts "normal" recursion to tail recursion.]

Rather than reinvent the wheel, I thought I'd first see if anyone has
done any experimentation in this area.

Thanks!

-Ted