From: Darrel Monroe
Subject: PC implementations of Lisp
In Article 8094 Asmawi Mohamad asks:

AM> Does anyone out there know if there is any LISP program for PC platform
AM> available.  I know there is one for macintosh (MacLISP), but I haven't
AM> come across one for PC yet.

I noticed a couple of replies, but both missed the easiest, and least
expensive answers.  There are two Lisp implementations available as shareware
and obtainable through anonymous FTP.  One is PCLISP.  This is an
implementation of Franz Lisp.  I really haven't tried using it, but have
heard that it is good.  The Lisp that I use is XLISP-PLUS, version 2.1d by
Tom Almy, based on the original XLISP by David Betz.  XLISP-PLUS is an object
oriented implementation of Common Lisp.
  You can find copies of both of these programs on the WUARCHIVE.WUSTL.EDU
FTP site under the SYSTEMS/IBMPC/LISP and SYSTEMS/IBMPC/XLISP directories if
memory serves me correctly.
  Happy Lisping.

  Darrel Monroe
  ·······@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu