From: Mark Roller
Subject: AKCL -- C interface question CORRECTION
-----
	PLEASE NOTE, this is a correction to the previous post.
	I return D, not C from the problem C code.
-----

I just started evaluating AKCL for suitability for LISP - C interaction.
Hopefully, there is somebody out there who has run in to this problem.
It is very basic and I am sure I am missing something fundamental.
Here goes....

I want to use a small piece of C code to add two numbers, A and B.

I define the entry to C from lisp where A and B are integers and the
return is an integer.

So, I set up A and B as INTs and then I add them.  If I RETURN A+B,
there is no problem.  However, if I define another INT, D, and set
D equal to the sum of A and B and then RETURN D, I get a wierd INT
(4567545 or something like that) back.

I thought it might have something to do with GC in LISP, but I am just
not sure.

Thanks in advance.

Mark Roller
······@cs.uchicago.edu