From: J.Tizard
Subject: Problems compiling CMUCL
I am trying to compile cmucl v16c on a sun4c. Everything proceeds OK
until the end of 'worldbuild' stage, when the following seems to occur:

1/ call (genesis ...)
2/ genesis requires a file 'ldb.map'
3/ To make ldb.map, must first compile ldb
4/ ldb requires lisp.h
5/ to make lisp.h, call genesis
6/ goto 1

or something like that. Perhaps I need a bootstrapping file
somewhere along the line?

	 Can anyone please help me ?

TIA

 _--_|\        James Tizard
/      \       Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory
\_.-*._/       Psychology Department
      v        Flinders University of South Australia
               ·····@cc.flinders.edu.au
From: Ted Dunning
Subject: Re: Problems compiling CMUCL
william lott once said in the cmucl-bugs mailing list:

    > - There seems to be a circular dependancy between ldb/lisp.h and ldb/ldb.map
    >   that causes bootstrapping problems.  How do I get around this problem?

    Actually, the easiest thing to do is you make a fake ldb.map file that
    has nothing in it by a version number:
	    echo "Map file for ldb version 0" > ldb.map
    and then run genesis with NIL for the list of files.  It will generate
    a whole bunch of warnings about things being undefined, but ignore
    that, because it will also generate a correct lisp.h.  You can then
    compile ldb producing a correct ldb.map, and then run genesis for
    real.