From: Michael A. Covington
Subject: Lisp Machine available
The University of Georgia is preparing to dispose of a LMI (Gigamos)
Lambda 3x3 Lisp machine.  I've already announced this in some but not
all of these newsgroups.

It now appears that the machine will probably be disassembled and sold
in pieces.  We've received offers on the CPU boards and the 500-meg SMD
disk (but don't let that stop you from making _better_ offers!).

Still remaining are the main housing, the tape drive,{and the 4 special
large-screen monochrome monitors (3 of which work).  (No, they're not
compatible with anything else as far as I know.)

We will still entertain offers for the complete machine, too.  It originally
cost $120,000 and requires 240-volt, 30-amp power.  It was functional
(on 2 of the 3 cpus) when last tried, about a year ago.  Full documentation
and software tapes are available.

TRANSPORTATION will be a main concern for the purchaser. The main housing
is about the size of a refrigerator.  (Well, a smallish refrigerator.)
The terminals are quite large (19-inch screens).

If the machine is disassembled, parts of it may go _very_ cheaply to
whoever is willing to transport them away.

Please let me know if you want to make an offer on anything, or if you
want to be notified when further steps are taken (formal bid requests or
whatever we end up doing).

Michael A. Covington, Ph.D. |  ········@uga.cc.uga.edu  |  ham radio N4TMI
Artificial Intelligence Programs | U of Georgia | Athens, GA 30602  U.S.A.