From: Ramesh Vaidhyanathan
Subject: Object-Oriented GUI based on CLOS?
Hello Netters,

I am looking for a GUI development software (preferably based on CLOS
or based on CL) in which I can draw graphical icons of different objects
on the screen and attach a 'CLOS object' to the graphical icon.
Similarly I should be able to specify the connectivity(i.e. specify some
slots of the objects) between the graphical objects by drawing them as
connected on the screen.

I tried lispview. But it doesn't have the above mentioned features in it.
I have also heard about GINA, CLUE and GARNET. Will it be possible to
implement the above mentioned GUI using any of these three?

Plese e-mail if you have any info.

Thanks in advance.

-Ramesh Vaidhyanathan

Laboratory for Intelligent Process Systems
School of Chemical Engineering
Purdue University.
From: Scott McKay
    Date: Sat, 16 May 1992 13:48 EDT
    From: Ramesh Vaidhyanathan <········@ecn.purdue.edu>

    Hello Netters,

    I am looking for a GUI development software (preferably based on CLOS
    or based on CL) in which I can draw graphical icons of different objects
    on the screen and attach a 'CLOS object' to the graphical icon.
    Similarly I should be able to specify the connectivity(i.e. specify some
    slots of the objects) between the graphical objects by drawing them as
    connected on the screen.

    I tried lispview. But it doesn't have the above mentioned features in it.
    I have also heard about GINA, CLUE and GARNET. Will it be possible to
    implement the above mentioned GUI using any of these three?

    Plese e-mail if you have any info.

CLIM is a good choice, too, but it is not free and is rather different
from the other UI toolkits you mention.  One of CLIM's basic principles
is that the objects you see in the UI are simply "presentations" of the
objects of the application; that is, for all practical purposes, the
objects in the UI *are* the application objects.