From: James Gow
Subject: Re: LISP for children?
In article <····················@titan.ksc.nasa.gov> ·········@titan.ksc.nasa.gov writes:
>I'd like to teach my eight year old son some programming.  I've
>heard that logo is good for this, but two shareware implementations
>I tried were worthless.
Let me recommend you teach Logo in a metacognitive way. More that otehr
languages Logo can be used to teach five problem solving strategies (Swan
,1989). Clements and Gullo , (1984) found that metacognition can be improved
by teaching Logo by using planning heuristics. Let me also recommend you buy
a decent implementation of Logo. LCSI IBM 1983, logowriter II. You get what
you pay for and you reap what you sow were never more important than here.

--
Linc, James Internet: ····@novavax.nova.edu; UUCP: gatech!uflorida!novavax!gowj
Songs of Solomon 2:12 "...the voice of the turtle is heard in our land."