From: ···@sef-pmax.slisp.cs.cmu.edu
Subject: Re: HELP !! Some questions regarding CMU LISP
    1/ Is CMU lisp a continuing project? I ask this because the directories
       described in the LISP FAQ do not contain the files they ought to.

Yes, we are currently operating and funded for about another year.  After
that, the future is less clear.

    2/ Are there any X11 toolkits that will work with CMU lisp ? I've
       tried without success to compile CLUE. Am I restricted to CLX ?

Well, any toolkit written in portable Common Lisp and that uses CLX as the
primitive X layer should work fine.  I believe that Garnet and CLM both
have been run successfully on CMU CL, but we are not supporting either of
these within our group.

    3/ Is there a mailing list ?

There's no mailing list for users.  We thought about this, but decided that
it would be much less hassle to make any announcements here on
comp.lang.lisp.  If volume warrants, we will request creation of a new
newsgroup -- comp.lang.lisp.cmu or whatever.  There is a mailing list for
communication the other way: mail to ···········@cs.cmu.edu" reaches all of
the Lisp maintainers and a few outside developers and hard-core alpha
testers.

-- Scott

Scott E. Fahlman (fearless leader)
CMU Common Lisp Group