From: ···@paradigm.com
Subject: Re: Lisp Machines
In article <······················@wyvern.via.mind.org>, ·······@wyvern.via.mind.org (Paul Williams) writes:
>   Is it possible for a private person to  be able  to afford  a true-to-
>   Gohd Lisp  Machine?  It  it a  pain in  the rectum?   How much  is the
>   least-expensive-but-most-compatible?
>
> -----
> ·······@wyvern.via.mind.org (Paul Williams)
> The Wyvern's Nest (Lawrenceville, GA)

Many organizations have shelved, trashed, surplused, etc, their
circa 1985 lisp machines.

Quite likely once a machine gets to a government surplus dealer
it will have been treated as scrap, and totally stripped of disk
drives, documentation, etc.

But there are ways for certain classes of organizations to obtain
government surplus equipment via a transfer mechanism.

-gjc
From: Rajiv Dholakia - SunSoft UE/WST OPS/SDT
IntelliCorp disposed of most of their Symbolics machines last year
to a place called "Weird Stuff Warehouse" in San Jose, CA.  I think
the price was under a thousand dollars.  I assume most of them
have been stripped but they may still have a few worth picking up.

-Rajiv

---
Email :	··············@eng.sun.com	"...take one vice and nurture
	or				    it in your bosom, for a
	...!sun!rajiv.dholakia		    man with no vices is in
					    great danger of making
Site  : SunSoft Inc., MS # MTV 21-04	    vices out of his virtues."
					- Malachi Stack in Thornton
					Wilder's "The Matchmaker"