From: James Kroger
Subject: LISP to C converter?
Is there a way to automatically convert LISP code
to C code? I am using an Explorer and Allegro
on a Mac, would like to be able to end up with
C code I can alter and compile on the Mac
(or other platform).

Thanks in advance for any info..

--Jim
.
From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: LISP to C converter?
In article <······················@cognet.ucla.edu> ······@tinman.cognet.ucla.edu (James Kroger) writes:
>Is there a way to automatically convert LISP code
>to C code? I am using an Explorer and Allegro
>on a Mac, would like to be able to end up with
>C code I can alter and compile on the Mac
>(or other platform).

Several Lisp implementations are based on Lisp->C translation.

The most well-known is Kyoto Common Lisp (KCL).  There's a derivative of
this called Austin KCL (AKCL), and the commercial product Ibuki CL is also
derived from it.  The C code that KCL generates is not very readable; it's
just the intermediate code of its code generator.

Another commercial product is Chestnut's Software's Lisp-to-C translator.
A specific goal of this implementation is that it produce readable C code.
The target audience of the product is sites that want to convert Lisp to C
and then maintain the C version from then on.

Pricing and availability information for all these are in the FAQ that was
posted last weekend.