From: Shubhendu Sekhar Mukherjee
Subject: Executable in Common Lisp
Hi, this might look a little trivial, but could someone tell me how
to make an executable from a lisp file, or give me some pointers as
to where to find such info.

Help on any of the following lisps will be appreciated:

Lucid Common Lisp/DECsystem, or
Sun Common Lisp.

Thanks.
-Shubu.

Shubhendu Sekhar Mukherjee         University of Texas @ Austin, C.Sc.
············@cs.utexas.edu     [W]:(512) 471-9586   [H]:(512) 467-2653
From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Executable in Common Lisp
In article <············@estoril.cs.utexas.edu> ·····@cs.utexas.edu (Shubhendu Sekhar Mukherjee) writes:
>Hi, this might look a little trivial, but could someone tell me how
>to make an executable from a lisp file, or give me some pointers as
>to where to find such info.

>Lucid Common Lisp/DECsystem, or
>Sun Common Lisp.

The file that DISKSAVE creates is a Unix executable.  I think this is true
for the analogous function in other Unix Lisp implementations.

If you want one of your functions to run automatically when the executable
starts (instead of going into the read-eval-print loop immediately), set
the variable *ENTER-TOP-LEVEL-HOOK* to the function you want executed.  If
the function returns then the read-eval-print loop will be executed.

BTW, Sun Common Lisp is now called Lucid Common Lisp/SPARC (because it's
being sold directly by Lucid rather than through Sun).