From: Werner P. Keilholz
Subject: Saving MicroCeyx objects to disc (LeLISP) ?
Hallo,

I have a problem with the LISP  dialect "LeLISP" by ILOG.
What is the standard procedure to save MicroCeyx objects on disc ?  I currently
use the normal "print" function, after setting  the system variable
"print-for-read" to "t". In general, this works fine, but recently I
encountered problems with very big structures that do not contain
linefeeds: The system inserts CR/LFs after a certain number of characters, thus
cutting keywords or symbols in half from time to time. I tried to
increase the  linelength to avoid this problem, but on the one hand there is
a certain limit given by the system, on the other hand  I don't like files containing MBs of data
in one single line.

The problem showed up when I tried to store an AIDA graph
in a field of a MicroCeyx object by converting  the result of the
ga-save - function to a string or list. Is there another way
to store a graph as a part of a  MicroCeyx object ?
I would like to avoid administering two files -
one for the MicroCeyx structure and another for the graph that
belongs to that object.

I would be glad about any hint. *** Please reply via email to the
address given below, since except for today I do not have access
to the news.

Werner Keilholz

Email: ······@cstb.fr      or
       ······@epb2.lbl.gov

P.S.: Are there any mailing-lists about LISP that I could
submitt to ?