From: Tom Zheng
Subject: Core dump when compiling CLX on SGI4d(Irix4.0.1)
I was compiling the CLX in X11R5 on our SGI4d which is running IRIXS4.0.1
using akcl-1-605, when it was compiling gcontext.lsp(l), it gave me following
error message and cored dump.

	Finished loading gcontext.lsp
	Compiling gcontext.lsp.
	Error: Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged]
	Fast links are on: do (use-fast-links nil) for debugging
	Error signalled by DECODE-TYPE.
	Backtrace: compiler::t1expr > funcall > funcall > DECODE-TYPE
	; (DEFUN GCONTEXT-FUNCTION ...) is being compiled.
	;;; The macro form (DECODE-TYPE ...) was not expanded successfully.

	Unrecoverable error: Segmentation violation..

I am not too familiar with lisp programming, but the error looks like
it can't use the macro decode-type, which is defined in macros.lsp and
has been compiled and loaded into the memory, properly in gcontext.lsp.

Could someone give me some ideas about what might cause the problem?
I had global pointer turned off(-G 0) when I compiled the CLX.

Thanks alot,

Tom Zheng
-- ······@cs.purdue.edu