From: Paul B. Verket
Subject: Allegro support on NeXT
According to Michael Margulies of Franz (···@franz.com), Franz _will_
release 4.x of Allegro Common Lisp with CLOS for the NeXT. The time
table of the release and whether customers with (expired) support contracts
will receive it will be decided within the next couple of weeks.

Franz is considering dropping further development for the NeXT to
focus on other platforms. Net readers input (to ···@franz.com please!)
can make a difference.

Paul Verket (NeXTmail ok)
From: Mike McDonald
Subject: Re: Allegro support on NeXT
In article <·············@deneva.sdd.trw.com>, ······@venice.sedd.trw.com (Paul B. Verket) writes:
|> According to Michael Margulies of Franz (···@franz.com), Franz _will_
|> release 4.x of Allegro Common Lisp with CLOS for the NeXT. The time
|> table of the release and whether customers with (expired) support contracts
|> will receive it will be decided within the next couple of weeks.
|>
|> Franz is considering dropping further development for the NeXT to
|> focus on other platforms. Net readers input (to ···@franz.com please!)
|> can make a difference.
|>
|> Paul Verket (NeXTmail ok)

  I'd be careful here. Last year when our support contract was up for renewal, Franz promised us 4.x for Sun3 in the June/July time frame. Well, it's March and only thing we've heard from them is whether we want to buy more copies or not. If they're telling you that you'll get 4.x if you renew you support contract, make them put it in writing!

  Mike McDonald				Advanced Technology Dept.
					Harris Corp.
  Email: ···@trantor.harris-atd.com	M.S. 3A-1912
  Voice: (407) 727-5060			P.O. Box 37
  Fax:   (407) 729-3363			Melbourne, Florida 32902