From: ····@idsia.ch
Subject: Lisp Availability
I tried to send this earlier, but I have no  reason to believe it was
delivered.

Our institute is planning to equip a teaching lab; we are considering
stocking the room with n86-based machines running the recently
announced BSDI unix and X.  The main snag is that the software with
which we plan to teach the courses is written in Common Lisp and CLOS,
and makes considerable use of graphics facilities.  Are there any
vendors (or developers of public domain software) who provide, or plan to
provide, Common Lisp on this platform?  What sort of graphics
capability will be provided?

Our site cannot yet read News;  please send replies directly to me via
email, at ····@idsia.ch.

Thanks,

Dean Allemang
Istituto Dalle Molle di Studi sull'Intelligenza Artificiale
Lugano, Switzerland

····@idsia.ch
From: Rick Farris
Subject: Re: Lisp Availability
In article <··················@broccolo.idsia.ch> ····@idsia.ch writes:

> Are there any vendors (or developers of public domain
> software) who provide, or plan to provide, Common Lisp on
> this [80n86] platform?  What sort of graphics capability
> will be provided?

Austin Code Works supplies "Austin Kyoto Common Lisp", a KCL
variant for SCO and Interactive UNIX.  They also have CLOS
for AKCL.

Austin Code Works
1110 Leafwood Lane
Austin, TX  78750-3409
512-258-0785
512-258-1342 FAX

How about commercial platforms for SCO UNIX?   Are there
any?

--
Rick Farris  RF Engineering POB M Del Mar, CA 92014  voice (619) 259-6793
·······@rfengr.com     ...!ucsd!serene!rfarris      serenity bbs 259-7757